Sometimes, clients’ questions for a vendor proof-of-concept are a bit out of control. But here are a few legitimate concerns from a recent engagement:
- Can we create custom metatags?
- When previewing changes in staging, will we have the ability to view by persona? That is, can we customize our preview to show what a prospective customer would see on the web page, dependent on their user profile, device, and geo-location?
- Is the content accessible as a JCR or WebDAV repository?
- Can all the functionality shown in the demo be accessed via an API that is available to us?
- Can the content itself be accessed by an API?
- What type of API is used?
- What is the security setup? Can the access controls come from LDAP?
- If we change a friendly URL, does the system update all references to it and provide redirects to the old URL?
- Can we preview the state of scheduled content for a particular date and time?
- Does the product provide a broken-link checker?
- Does the system support nested components?
- Can we import an entire repository of URLs over a content delivery network?